Saturday, October 21, 2006

Football training homework

Here's a video for all the futsal players to watch featuring the one and only George Best, if you have 4 minutes spare (and ADSL) please go and watch it. In particular concentrate on how he dribbles the ball and how and where he moves into position once he's passed it. There's some other bits thrown in as well in case your attention is wandering.

Of course I expect everyone to play just like him come training on Sunday, just try not to drink like him. And for those of you who may ask why I'm requesting you watch a video of a famous Man Utd player may I remind you that he's the one who once said...

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Genius indeed.

Other George quotations can be found here

3 comments:

Margs said...

very cool! I guess we can all aspire...

Jenny said...

As a non-team member, may I point out the added inspiration that would come from cutting your hair/growing your hair/growing your sideburns just like George's? Matching shirts are one thing, but imagine matching George hairstyles! Genius indeed.

Matt said...

Drinking - check
Bad Hair - check
Phenomenal ball skills - ...