Tuesday, October 24, 2006

So London, 'ere we come eh

Next came London and I really had the greatest time.

My hotel was absolutely beautiful, very deserving of its *****. I stayed in the 'Sir Carol Reed' room and was utterly charmed.

At last, a destination where you can get a great cup of tea. From a china tea pot. With a silver strainer.
I had the first day (Sunday) to explore London. I dragged my sorry jet lagged self from one landmark to another on a mission of sleep resistance, stopping in every patch of sun for another chapter of Aldous Huxley’s very different London.

Then it was straight to work. Hours into my first working day they had me at a client meeting and boy was it European - a Swedish girl, a German guy, a Dutch girl and little old Aussie me.

I absolutley loved my time in the London office. Loads of funny people to meet - dodgy poms in the back office, crazy Europeans in the front office. They took me out for beers and dinners and swept me off my feet with 'big office' glee.

I also took the opportunity to catch up with old friends. Here, Alyssa, Ingrid and Sabrina from Tangara:


Here, Penny Best from Brighton (my dodgy roommate extraordinaire from Vietnam):

And of course there were the many ECA sponsored beers.

(An assortment of fabulous people from Client Services and Business Development at my farewell drinks on Friday night.)

The weekend in between entailed fabulousness of another kind altogether. Stay tuned for the crowd pleaser tomorrow - tales from Paris!

3 comments:

Margs said...

Yay! How wonderful! I am looking forward to the fabulousness that happened in Paris!

Jenny said...

Don't you talk about jet lag, you business class flyer you. That is still my new goal. Any photos of that?

Nice Matt-like frown of concentration for the self-portrait too!

Margs said...

I thought you might comment on that...perhaps they need some lessons!