Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Miss Me? - Tahiti

Ok, so I'm not sure if you remember me but I'm Noodle's girlfriend. I used to hang out with you quite a bit, slouching around at parties and trying to organise other alcohol related events. I'm the one that got chucked up on the SR lecture theatre to retrieve a tennis ball.

It's been a crazy few months for me, the last of which has been spread across four different countries - French Polynesia, Australia, England, France. (That doesn’t include my stops in Thailand and Hong Kong but I’m pretty sure they count as countries…)

Today - a quick run down, starting with Tahiti.

It was a week in Paradise doing unheavenly things. By day I trotted about in the heat trying to make my highschool french understood and interpreting labels and signs while I priced my 125 items.

Afternoons I spent by the pool with a book, ipod and poolside drinks and snack service. I have resisted the urge to publish photos of me enjoying yet another island paradise.

At night, lounged around my room with room service and movies.
It was my first trip that I did not meet anyone to speak of. The resort ws full of young American couples obsessed with each other or much older French groups with disdain for my lame French.


Tahiti was a pretty strange place compared to the other Pacific islands I've visited. Firstly, the food was wonderful - trust the French to bring delightful cholesterol laiden foods when they colonise a place! Not a patch on the NZ influence in Cook Islands or the American influences in Palau.
The street scapes were totally different too - quite built up with a more European feel to the architecture and a more Asian feel to the layout. All still with that distinctly tropical island feel.

1 comment:

Margs said...

Welcome back Lady! Good to have another regular contributor on board! (yes that was a dig at other non named lame asses!)