Monday, November 07, 2005

The Milsons Point Mega Fiesta

Friday night may have been relatively spontaneous, but it was by no means subdued or respectable.

It all started well enough with the House of Chicken taking a short train ride to Milsons Point. There we met with the House of Nugget representative, G'Nick. Hot chips were bought, and down the hill we all walked to find our perfect picnic spot.

As we unloaded, we counted the bottles of wine...1...2...3...4...
we counted the prawns.....1.5kgs....
we counted the picnic-ers...1....2....3....4...5
we counted the bread......1 loaf...(we didn't actually count the bread, but it fits so shut up!)

All was looking good for our evening picnic.

As we ate, we debated Industrial relations reforms, stay-at-home-parenting...you know...the usual light hearted stuff!

The 1....2...3...4...bottles of wine disappeared and the conversation became less intelligable.....a quick run to the bottle-o gave us another....1....2..bottles of wine.



As they disappeared in the same way as the others, we became friends with the security guard who patrols the pillons....I think during the course of the night we all left our mark on our national icon.....I shall say nothing more on this topic!



More runs to the bottle-o, more disappearing wine and Mattes turned up! By now things were decidedly silly....the ipod went on and blasted out through the golf's speakers and many a drunk hooligan danced around the little car in an almost feverishly tribal display of athleticism and very long arms!



Now unfortunately the batteries in my little camera ran out at this point so the real beauty of the evening was not captured by me. I do believe, however, that Mattes had a phone/camera and I now call on him to illuminate Noodle's memory....

18 comments:

Sarah said...

Hmmm. I might add that though I managed a very glamorous, drowsed pose it one of those photos, I was definitely not the star of the 'pissed in a public place' show. No. I was silly but there were far more inebriated than I!

But Mattess, do enlighten us on that...

Richard said...

Well gosh, how lovely for you all...

Sarah said...

Hmm. I may be wrong about the tone of those comments but as far as I know, this was organised at the pub on Thursday for anyone who heard to come if they wanted. Is this not the case?

john said...

I can second it's invention and invitation distribution at the pub.

Matt said...

I will post further on this matter tonight

Richard said...

I obviously wasn't listening at the right moment to receive my invitation.

Sarah said...

Perhaps you were drunk on beer Richie. Every time I see you at the pub, there you sit, quietly slouched in the corner, keeping entirely to yourself as you dribble and mumble incoherently about boobies, drunk on beer!

Margs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Margs said...

Well gosh it was lovely!

The invite was extended to all who cared to listen.

Margs said...

plus...you would have had to cross the bridge...and we all know how scared you are of that 1.3km journey.

Matt said...

Don't be too hard on Rich Margie, it's a restriction set by the bridge authorities.

Richard said...

Sarah: I know we are roughly the same size, but its kind of insulting when you confuse me with Margaret. You guys are supposed to be friends!

To be honest, I'm not that sorry I missed the invitation. This isn't intended as a dig at anyone (although I know it will get peoples back up anyway), but personally I feel that I have gotten past the point in my life where going to a park on a Friday night and getting trashed seems like fun.

Sarah said...

Thats too bad Richie. It was a very funny night.

Margs said...

sounds like sour grapes to me (even if you do put a disclaimer in brackets)

Richard said...

Damn, you got me. I secretly love drinking and cry on the inside whenever I miss an opportunity to get really hammered.

Margs said...

Obviously it was best you didn't come as anyone who was there knows it was never about getting drunk.

It's amazing, but some of us actually enjoy the presence of our friends (well some of them anyway...crazy I know!)

Final point....why do you say/post things when you know they might offend your friends? seems abit mean spirited to me Richie.

Richard said...

I spent a long time on this post, but ultimately I think it is better that it isn't sent to a public forum.

Sarah said...

Break it up kiddies!