Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Through the eye of a noodle...

Well, it's about time that I put up a post again. Since finishing exams a couple of weeks ago, I've been working weekdays in my local pharmacy, where I normally work a shift a week during semester. It's not a bad job, especially since it offers experience for my course, blah blah blah. My favourite part, however, is the rare showcase of experiences that it offers if one is patient enough to wait for them to come along.
Today bore one such example. It's not every day that you see a mother and her mid-teenage daughter lingering together in the condom section... discussing the different styles, examining packs, choosing colours and textures... and all in an earnest effort to find just the right ones for their son/brother. Isn't family life wonderful?

3 comments:

Richard said...

They were ribbed for her pleasure... so I turned them inside out.

Jenny said...

How do you know they were for the son/ brother? Could they not have been for the first boyfriend/ secret lover/ new stepfather/ poolcleaner?

Did they ask for advice?

Noodle said...

No, I overheard their conversation... the sister was trying to choose something that would make her brother feel as awkward and uncomfortable as possible when his mother gave them to him.... and his mother was playing along. It was a special present for Schoolies week!