Sunday, September 24, 2006

a brief hello

So after 24 hours in transit we have finally arrived home! yay for Sydney! The ride home from the airport was so peaceful! No beeping horns or crazy Vietnamese drivers! I was like the walking dead when we came in our front door as I'd had less than 3 hours sleep and even though I had every intention of heading off to Futsal training, I ended up collapsing in a heap for a nap to gain some sanity back.

The customs queues this morning were OUTRAGEOUS! The red queue ie for declaring stuff snaked around the baggage carousel and looped back on itself! I swear there were about 300 people in it, each with a trolley full of bags.... quite a few people nearly came to blows over queue jumpers and confusion about where the line ended!

Anyway we came through unscathed and with all our wood, coffee and buffalo horn in tact. Very happy with that!

Anyway, we have about a million photos to download and sort through before I can post a more detailed post about the glorious country of Vietnam! Needless to say we had a most brilliant time. I highly recommend you get there before it's beauty is too exploited. It truly is a fabulous place, so interesting, so friendly, so colourful, so...I want to go back!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds good, now why don't you head on over to france-tastic for lots of france-tastic news! Scandals! Sex! Drugs! Celebrities! Ham! Spam! Exclamation marks!

NB The first six items may or may not be found at this website.

Matt said...

nice counter-spam Jen. I can see a real escalation in the great blog spam war of 2006.