Sunday, September 17, 2006

Last Day in Canada

Well I'm on my last day in Canada. I can't say it's been all that exciting so far. After my 20ish hours flying, I had a 3 hour drive, on the wrong side of the road, in the dark, right across the state, on unknown roads, with unknow road rules. Not doing that again. I was in a tiny town called Owen Sound, where I woke up early each day, went to work, then after work I drove past the town (which pretty much closes down at 5pm) back to the hotel to sleep again. The pizza joint and the petrol station were the only things I could find open :( I can report quite accuratly on the 80ish TV channels and room service though.

Me outside Owen Sound Hospital

Today (Saturday for me) picked up a bit. I woke up early and drove to Niagra Falls. It took two goes, about a hour into my drive I realised I forgot my passport and had to go back, but I got there in the end and I have to say it was amazing, a must see before you die.


It's really mind blowing, the sheer ammount of water that goes over the edge. A few minutes before you get there you need to turn on your windscreen wippers from the spray. You don't need more that a day there but it's worth the stop. Anyway, tonight I'm going out in Toronto with a lad called Mark (On of Shari's friends that moved over here). And then tomorrow off to Kansas City, with a packed schedule.

See you all soon.

8 comments:

Noodle said...

Were you working at the hospital, or did you have a medical emergency that you had to dress up for?

Sarah said...

JOhn, you look so much closer up when you're overseas.

Jenny said...

See, Matt, it is possible to smile while taking a photo of oneself!

Margs said...

We can totally sympathise with the
"drive, on the wrong side of the road, in the dark, right across the state, on unknown roads, with unknown road rules. Not doing that again" sentiment....we did a simillar trip the other night from Danang to hoi An.....real edge of your seat stuff.. we had to stop looking it was making us grey!

john said...

I tried not looking but that just resulted in car accidents. Apparently in Canada there's some law about operating a car with your eyes open. Weird Canadians.

And yes Noodle, I had my tonsils out and thought, what the hell, you only get your tonsils out once, lets make it a formal occasion. :)

Noodle said...

John, you're a wise, wise man.

Sarah said...

I'm still waiting to hear the report on the 80ish TV channels and the room service...

Matt said...

I bet John had several goes at those photos. John?