Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Busy Times Ahead.

Since there's busy times ahead, and I have a rare quite moment, I thought I'd get in before I got in trouble for not posting.


After the wedding, I have a Sunday morning early flight out to Canada for a week of work and a weekend of site seeing. I'm going to be in a tiny town (Grey Bruce) on the edge of the great lakes about 2hrs north of Toronto for the week. Then the grand canyon before my Sunday night flight to Kansas City, where I will spend a week and a bit trying to figure out what my new position (engagement controller - like a junior project manager) entails and consuming large amounts of red meat (as is the local custom). Then I fly out Thursday to be back in Sydney - three weeks away in all - make sure you guys keep Shari company while I'm gone.

Then I'm back for a quick week of work, to catch up and make sure everything is on track for MONDAY! When we get out new house. Shari and I are going to take two weeks off to laze around, move into the house and start painting, building my shed and anything else that takes our fancy. So I've got a busy two months.

Dad Joke
(My last one as I hand over my reigns to..... Good Nick [One every Thursday nick]...)

A couple of New Jersey hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator:
“My friend is dead! What can I do?‚”

The operator, in a calm soothing voice says:
‚“Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead.‚”

There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says:
‚“OK, now what?"

3 comments:

Flit said...

I believe that was Spike Milligans favourite ever joke.

Margs said...

It is fabulous!

Also, you do have a busy few months ahead! Will you be shooting anything in Kansas (as is the local custom)?

Sarah said...

I think it's nice that you're not going to Canada till AFTER the wedding.