Monday, September 04, 2006

R.I.P Steve Irwin


Television personality and environmentalist Steve Irwin has died in a marine accident in north Queensland, state government sources say.

The 44-year-old is believed to have been killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest, the sources said.

He was filming an underwater documentary off Port Douglas when the accident occurred.

Mr Irwin's body was being flown to Cairns by helicopter.

Australian emergency officials could not immediately confirm the reports.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/crocodile-man-reported-dead/2006/09/04/1157222051512.html

6 comments:

Flit said...

I was waiting for the punchline there, guess there isn't one.

Matt said...

R.I.P. A sad, sad day.

Margs said...

I just saw this on smh as I logged in! Can't believe it!

Nick said...

Very few people have done as much for the humble shorts

Margs said...

you really need to fix your picture Good!

Margs said...

that's better!