Sunday, September 10, 2006

The first post of Mrs Flitcroft!

Well it's Sunday night and Hubby (hehehe) and I have just gotten home from our big day! (I know the wedding was Saturday, but we stayed at the Shangri-La last night and went to Mum's today for a big family BBQ, so this is the first time we've been home since we got hitched) It's pouring rain outside...as it has been for the last 48 hours (Yes Jenny, we had rain, and lots of it on our wedding day!) and Flit is just heading out to pick up some Thai for dinner. We've unwrapped some of the gifts that were brought to the reception, and might I say what lovely taste our friends and family have! So far we're very impressed!

I never thought it would be possible to be this deliriously happy for such an extended period of time...It truly is a wonderful feeling.

We bid farewell to Flit's parents this evening, they both seemed rather sad to leave us, both shed a few tears as they hugged us and jumped into their car. Quite a sad moment for all of us actually, but it was a sadness born from the happiness we have shared these last few weeks. I guess all good things must eventually come to an end. It's been great having them here.

I will, of course, post a much longer and more photographical account of the day in due course, but until I do, please send us your photos (we won't get the official ones till after the honeymoon) and have a great few weeks in a Flitcroft free Sydney!

Thank you all for making our day so wonderful! See you all on the flipside!

Mrs Margaret Flitcroft

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, I still can't believe it's really true!

Unlike the rest of you, I haven't seen any proof yet, so seeing "Mrs Margaret Flitcroft" looks very strange! I guess it must even to you Margs.

Anyway, Alex and I are so sorry not to have been there but it was fantastic to get to speak to most of you on the phone (thanks Nick!), and we can't wait to see the photos and to get the dvd.

Nick said...

A Very Happy Wedding Day!

john said...

Check out the special features on the DVD and select the directors cut. Margs censored alot of the good stuff.