Monday, September 19, 2005

The Compulsory Weekend Roundup!


Friday: After half a day of conference (the last of three), half a day of beer and lawn bowls, a fantastic close to the week (for my stocks) and an afternoon nap I was ready for Jenny's celebration, which I won't fill you in on - but feel free to let me know what happenned as I was asleep and Shari can't remeber some of it ;)

Saturday: A day of sitting round in the garage cutting, sanding,drilling and watching the mid-day movie (Encino man) on my tiny garage TV (yes, I am slowly moving into the garage). Envigurated by my fix of Pauly Shore, I made the trip to Cambelltown for some dinking, cards and conversation (clear spirits only after my alcholic week - Monday was my last sober day). Who ever taught me spoons, the Cambelltown group salutes you.


Sunday: Tax time.... forced myself out of bed early for the trip up to Newport to see Mum and do my taxes. With the obligitory stop for Upper Crust pies on the way.

And then, as payment for doing my taxes, I took mum to see Wallace and Grommit - A Puntastic comedy that will curdle your carrots, petrify your parsnips, shock your string beans, terrorize your tomatos and chill you to the marrow. One of the best light hearted laughs I've had in a while.

Then craming the last bits of the weekend full, we did the food shop for the week and settled in for the sunday night movie.

Monday: I just had to include Monday as well as ....... I got a big raise today! Yeah. So whoever I got for Secret Santis is going to get twice as many crapy presents and I'll have to shout everyone at the pub a beer to celebrate.

No comments: