Friday, September 23, 2005

Sydney Traffic report

I know it is 11.30pm on Friday night. I just got back from the pub and am waiting for Flit to finish his beer. Seeing as sport bores me I thought I'd post on this blog and vent a little of my frustration.

My current frustration is those damn automobiles known as UTES!

The curse of mankind...the evil of all evils (except 4WDs) and generally a massive pain in the neck!

I don't know how many of you drive in peak hour....but utes seem to be oblivious to traffic around them. They are either pea green or wee yellow and have an impractical hard cover on their tray or they are old and rickety with shiny metal trays and very dodgey rear visibility. The former tend to fly through traffic at break neck speed as if they are the only ones with a deadline and a V8 engine. The latter only seem to go at a top speed of 40km/hr even on freeways and have an undying need to drive in the right hand lane.


Either way utes are the curse of mankind. The wee coloured ones don't even look in the mirror (let alone their blindspot) yet they change lanes as regularly and as with as much reckless abandon as a fly over cake in summer. The rickety silver ones behave as though they are the only ones on the road...I don't think they even know how to look in their rear view mirrors!



My solution is to upgrade all UTEs to the wee coloured ones then tamper with their GPS system and lure them all (very fast like) to a large quarry somewhere in the western suburbs then blow them all to smithereens and allow the rest of us to drive in F@#KING peace!

THE END.

2 comments:

Richard said...

That's nice... now let the nice men in white coats take you away for your "holiday"

Matt said...

Yeah, Margaret, judging driving ability by car colour is a little harsh.