Thursday, September 29, 2005

salutations de paris

Well, I don't know that I'm really close enough to be worried about any damn punishment for non compliance in the homework stakes, but I will write anyway, but not about the long weekend because I don't have one. Although I do essentially have a long week.

I have been into the uni a couple of times though, and met with mon nouveau patron who seems like a very nice man, and took me out to a très delicieux 3 course lunch with wine!

As far as dirty frenchmen run-ins go, there have been several, I have had to pretend to speak neither french nor english and shrug my shoulders a bit a few times! But with the frenchies that aren't quite so dirty, I have been managing the french pretty well! Managed to have about a half hour converation avec un jeune homme in the jardin tuilleries mostly about les serpents en Australie! Also quite a few (non french) people in the hostel don't speak english so french is the langue du jour there as well.

I'll write more and post some photos when I get better access (when I'm up and running at uni etc) because at the moment I am in internet cafés and the euros are tick-tick-ticking by.

Hope everyone is well, and that those sheep get shorn!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hooray for being fabulous in Paris!

Good to hear you have already developed those defense mechanisms.

We'll shear one for you Jenny. In the mean time, have a smashing time!

Margs said...

I wish I was being fabulous in Paris....

We won trivia last night by 12 points...we're stuffed next week!

Yay for shearing!