Tuesday, October 25, 2005

In a world gone mad...


Well, much to everyones surprise, Anne Robertson was booted yesterday in a Rikki-lee-esque upset! Everyone was still getting over the shock of seeing her in the bottom three, along with Dan England (who I now pick to win, oh god as long as it isn't Lee!) and Daniel whatshisface (who I had picked to get booted, guess Nosdrew isn't infallable after all, or did I get it wrong on purpose to keep my amazing gifts a secret from the world??! Nah... I suck).

To be frank, I didn't actually watch the Sunday show so I can't really do any more than pass along second or third hand hersay. And here it is! Apparently the show was a bit of a shocker all around, with only a few people providing something close to a decent performance. Ironically it turns out that those people were then rewarded by being placed in the bottom three! The Judges kept on about how Dan England had done his best yet, and even complimenting Daniel blandfeatures on finally getting into the swing of things (better late than never!). It almost doesn't need to be said, but I hear Lee was abominably awful, which sadly means that his lack of appearance in the bottom three suggests he is actually POPULAR, something that boggles my mind.

Of course, the judges ummed and aahhhed about it, but they all expected Daniel blendinboy to get booted, they just couldn't imagine Anne Robertson being kicked out. It was an emotional scene, for everyone EXCEPT Anne who was probably the most gracious and composed person to get voted off Idol that I have ever seen. It goes without saying, Emily took this as an excuse to grab some camera time by bursting into tears, which suggests she is either emotionally unstable or extremely calculating since it always seems to happen when our attention would normally be focussed anywhere except her. There is probably more Idol footage of her crying than there is of her singing.

Anyway, I digress... Anne Robertson is gone, and with her 50% of our hopes for a talented winner of the 2005 Australian Idol. All we can hope for now is that Dan English pulls through, and that Lee is afflicted by some form of high pressure bladder weakness on stage. The sad thing for Dan of course, is that winning this comp is probably the worst thing that could happen to him, since what he would really be suited for is something a little deeper than the soul destroying crap that the Idol winners always end up singing. But unless he gets kicked off soon, he is almost destined to end up doing exactly that.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Well now we know that we are in for an UGLY Idol this time (unless twinkly eyes makes it.)

Richard said...

So no change from previous years then?

Sarah said...

Hmmm. That is a very good point. A very good point indeed.

Margs said...

I'm gobsmacked! This really does go to show how crap the voting public are! Anne was the only one I would even consider voting for....I haven't yet and now I see I won't have too.

My adjusted prediction will now be Dan English...I don't think he'll make a successful crap idol album, but if BMG knows its arse from its elbow (which I seriously doubt) then they will let him do something abit more in line with his character. Not that History suports this suggestion just look at what they made Casey do!! She had this whole grungy-dark-kinda-goth-look going on and they get her singing bloody stupid love songs...rubbish...perhaps we should just admit it now and farewell the career of Dan English!