Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Serenity...




... is freaking awesome. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys Sci-Fi, regardless of whether you have heard of the TV show.

It follows on 6 months from the final episode of 'Firefly' by Joss Whedon, the creator of Buffy and Angel. The show was cancelled despite a big following, and has since really done well as a DVD set. I have the DVDs if anyone is interested, but I promise you don't need to see them to enjoy or understand the movie. They are very careful to make sure it is accessible to anyone who has never heard of Firefly, so basically it is just a really good sci-fi movie which stands on its own.

12 comments:

john said...

When the f. did you have time to watch that between camping and now.

john said...

IMDB link

Sarah said...

Can we have a better picture please?

Or am I the only one who can't see it?

john said...

I see no picture.

Richard said...

Suzy and I went to see it last night. I have fixed up the picture.

Matt said...

You obviously didn't camp hard enough if you still had the energy to go to the movies

Richard said...

I tried matt, but I will never be as camp as you.

Margs said...

I was suffering extreme fatigue and heat stroke....how the hell did you escape the camping hangover???

....but then you didn't shear...did you!...oohhh my arms!!!

Richard said...

Maybe I'm just not a total wuss like the rest of you?

Yeah, that's probably it...

Margs said...

yeah that's probably it....I should have been tougher and not done all the running around, leaping over logs, squatting by fires to cook you breakfast, shearing sheep, packing cars, carrying shopping, lifting cases of beer, feeding cows, carrying 15L of water and all those other wussy things I did!

Richard said...

It is very big of you to recognise your failings, glad to see you are capable of learning from your mistakes!

john said...

Ohhhh.... Saw it last night. It was really good.