Thursday, October 13, 2005

Work travel: good for some...for others?

Ah the delights of travelling for work!

We've all heard from little Miss "I-have-a-great-job-who-sends-me-to-exotic-places-to-shop" Franklin.... well bah I say to sandy beaches and glorious sunshine...bring on the good ole ary for me...the good ole Dubbo RSL that is...


Yes my friends behold the glory of my accomodation for this week. I am staying in the Presidential suite no less. Although I doubt very much if any president has ever stayed in this room (or suite as they like to refer to it). In fact I don't even think the president of the RSL would stay here. Alas for me however, it was the only room at the inn.

Now the wonders of the RSL are not the only things to do and see in Dubbo...
There is an abundance of activities available for the travellers pleasure, but don't listen to me, look at what their premier website has to say about the place...

..."Dubbo City, a city of surprises, home to one of the world’s greatest open range zoos and boasting numerous other delightful attractions.
Dubbo City is perfectly situated right in the centre of New South Wales and within easy reach from most of the eastern interior and seaboard of Australia.
A thriving and prosperous city, Dubbo is home to a rapidly expanding resident population and is well serviced to provide for the half million plus visitors that come each year.
Good food, shopping, entertainment, accommodation and customer service are par excellence. A standard that is demanded of a city but here it is accompanied with a country smile."



Who wouldn't swap a pacific island for good ole central plains hospitality and of course that "country smile"?

4 comments:

john said...

Pacific Islands be damed. Can I come too next time. please.

Richard said...

I wanna go to the zoo!

Sarah said...

I am humbled.

Noodle said...

Bring back some "country smile" for everyone else, could you?