Tuesday, October 18, 2005

It's all alot of Flip Floppery!

Bet you never thought a thong could tell a story!

Well that's exactly what hundreds of thongs did on the weekend and will do for the weeks to come. As part of Sydney's Art and About festival (I love a free community event!) someone had the bright idea of making an installation out of hundreds of thongs painted by the community. The theme was 'tell your story' and we (by "we" I mean random members of the public) were all encouraged to paint our history..where we came from...our heritage etc on rubber thongs!

Luckily we are able to share our art with you all......While my thong is reasonably easy to interpret, you may like to ask Monsieur Flitcroft for his post-modern-impressionistic interpretation of his fabulous work of art!


These thongs will be carefully crafted into some kind of artistic installation at Circular Quay and remain on display till next weekend. Why don't you all pop along on Saturday and see if you can find our contributions...It'll be fun!...go on...you know you want to!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Thongs ahoy I say!

Things here are rapidly moving away from thongs weather... brrr...

The very idea of thongs makes me feel a little warmer though!

Richard said...

Suzy and I passed that on the weekend, on our way to a wedding. I didn't realise they were being painted, I thought they were just putting thongs in funny shapes and calling it art.

Little did I know that they were putting painted thongs in funny shapes and calling it art! How foolish I was...

Matt said...

You've turned into a Nanna Margie.

Richard said...

That implies that at some point she WASN'T a Nanna.

Noodle said...

I'm just waiting for her to make one of those knitted toilet dolls that sit over your spare toilet paper rolls... now there's real classy craft!

Matt said...

I think there is an apprenticeship you have to do before you are allowed to make those things...

Margs said...

That's Granny-Poo Stick to you young whipper snapper!!

here are some words for you...POT...KETTLE...BLACK...WOOD WORKING....MATT....

so ner!

Matt said...

Well I can take back that coffee table you ungrateful Hag!

Now go back to your crocheted blanket and incontinent fiancee and leave me be.

Margs said...

crochet is SO IN right now